Resoketswe Lebjane foundation is a non-profit organisation founded in 2016 and got registered with department of social development on the 7th of December 2017. Our organisation came in response due to a high rate of human rights being violated in variance ways. We realise that there was a big gap between marginalised people and access to justice. Many people lack information about the constitution of South Africa. As Resoketswe Lebjane foundation we render effective basic legal advice and paralegal services to individuals or community groups. Our organisation is operating in the deepest rural area of Ehlanzeni district under Bushbuckridge municipality. Our primary targets are found at the villages. People in Bushbuckridge have to travel long distance to access legal consultations. Majority of the people can’t afford to pay the taxi fare makes it difficult for them to access the services due to economically challenges. Our centre has a capacity to supply the communities of Bushbuckridge with legal information. Most of our work we do it outside the office by doing door to door campaigns, community workshops and community dialogues. We are the affiliated with community advice office South Africa as a member.
To advance the human rights of all people located at the rural areas of Bushbuckridge by increasing legal knowledge and access to legal services.
An inclusive society where everyone is valued and respected.
- To render paralegal service, basic legal advice and assistance to community of Bushbuckridge free of charge and within other areas as well.
- To simplify law and raise community awareness on human rights, domestic violence, children’s rights act, gender and other related to.
- To promote and encourage intercultural learning process amongst student including the disabled and the previously disadvantaged.
- To inter-act and co-ordinate with all NGO’s, government departments and municipalities that have a special focus on youth, women and disable in development as well as other related programs thereto.
- Assists youth and women to discover and rediscover their interests in relation to their abilities and goal orientation in their careers.
- To develop and empower youth, women and workers around areas of life-skills, planning, leadership, communication, land rights, farm labourers, basic condition of employment act and continuous interaction with experts.
- To identify and mobilize resource for youth, women and previously disadvantage people for development.
- To develop and improve new and improved ways to reach additional population group, especially the “hard to serve”.
- To introduce young people and women into the world of information, telecommunication services, computer skill and internet.
- Promote service delivery by public participation programs with other organizations and government.
Methods of Operation
- Run educational programmes for the community organisations and public participation programs through workshops and consultations.
- Conduct seminar on needy topics.
- Public participation programs for government and other organisations with similar aims and objective.