Resoketswe Lebjane FoundationHear My Voice
To advance the human rights of all people located at the rural areas of Bushbuckridge by increasing legal knowledge and access to legal services.
Resoketswe lebjane foundation is a non-profit organisation founded in 2016 and got registered with department of social development on the 7th of december 2017. Our organisation came in response due to a high rate of human rights being violated in variance ways. We realise that there was a big gap between marginalised people and access to justice. Many people lack information about the constitution of south africa. As resoketswe lebjane foundation we render effective basic legal advice and paralegal services to individuals or community groups. Our organisation is operating in the deepest rural area of ehlanzeni district under bushbuckridge municipality. Our primary targets are found at the villages. People in bushbuckridge have to travel long distance to access legal consultations. Majority of the people can’t afford to pay the taxi fare makes it difficult for them to access the services due to economic challenges. Our centre has a capacity to supply the communities of bushbuckridge with legal information. Most of our work we do it outside the office by doing door to door campaigns, community workshops and community dialogues. We are the affiliated with community advice office south africa as a member.
- To render paralegal service, basic legal advice and assistance to community of Bushbuckridge free of charge and within other areas as well.
- To simplify law and raise community awareness on human rights, domestic violence, children’s rights act, gender and other related to.
- To promote and encourage intercultural learning process amongst student including the disabled and the previously disadvantaged.
- To inter-act and co-ordinate with all NGO’s, government departments and municipalities that have a special focus on youth, women and disable in development as well as other related programs thereto.
- Assists youth and women to discover and rediscover their interests in relation to their abilities and goal orientation in their careers.
- To develop and empower youth, women and workers around areas of life-skills, planning, leadership, communication, land rights, farm labourers, basic condition of employment act and continuous interaction with experts.
- To identify and mobilize resource for youth, women and previously disadvantage people for development.
- To develop and improve new and improved ways to reach additional population group, especially the “hard to serve”.
- To introduce young people and women into the world of information, telecommunication services, computer skill and internet.
- Promote service delivery by public participation programs with other organizations and government.
- The centre operates Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00.
- The centre operates within greater Bushbuckridge municipality
- Bushbuckridge is divided in to three region we have south, north and midlands.
Our programmes are targeting to meet the following sectors within a specified time and the popularisation of the institution:
- Rural communities
- Traditional leaders
- Traditional health association
- Education through workshops and seminar
- Human rights education
- Women and children rights
- Legal, business awareness and assistance
- Research programs
- Victim empowerment programme and other related to.
- Public participation programs.
- Service delivery monitoring
- Educational seminars.
- Paralegal services
- Social assistance act (all type of social grants)
- Child care act
- Crime prevention awareness